Here at Dornoch Castle Hotel we have a fantastic selection of vintage and rare bottling always available and kept under the best condition. Simon and Phil Thompson are widely respected as the most informed, knowledgeable and fun hosts with a wealth of good facts and good craic.
Their next ‘public in house’ tasting is on 2nd January at 9pm. There are a maximum of 25 places available and the cost is £30 per person, including 6 vintage malts and a light buffet. Booking and prepayment is essential.
Our Whisky Bar has achieved critical international acclaim, here are just a few noteworthy mentions:
- Currently No1 Whisky Hotel of the year on www.whiskybase.com
- Scottish Licensed Trade News ‘Whisky Bar of the Year 2014’
- Scottish Field ‘Whisky Bar of the Year 2014′ 2nd place
- Caithness and Sutherland CAMRA Pub of the year in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Extended live interview on www.whiskycast.com
- Whisky bar featured in Whisky Passion magazine as well as national press.
- Join 3000 others and follow us for fun irreverent comments on Facebook and twitter @whiskycollector
- Recent tastings for Prince Albert of Monaco, whisky groups from Japan, China, Singapore, Norway, Belgium, Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy and USA.
International Whisky Tasting
We are holding our next international tastings in Alsace at the end of November, and Norway in March as well closer to home in Islay in February.